Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Softball team sending two off to College ball

Sophia Santos
The CHS Athletic Department and the CHS Softball program are thrilled to announce that two members of the Bulldog graduating class of 2022 have committed to playing softball at the collegiate level. 

Sophia Santos and Gillian Gordon- two key members of the current Bulldog softball squad will be bringing their talents to two different Massachusetts colleges this fall.  Gordon is heading to Westfield State University and Santos to Lesley University. 

Sophia Santos
Santos is joining the Lynx of Lesley to play for coach Kelsey Smith who is coming off a successful 2022 season with her squad.  A league leader in many categories as early as 2019, Santos helped lead her team to the post-season in a spectacular 2021 season where she was exceptional in the circle. 
Sophia Santos with her family

CHS Softball coach Sandy Lombardi praised Santos on her joining the Lesley program- "Sophia has battled through injuries this season but that hasn't stopped her from finishing her senior year strong."

Sophia had this to say upon her official announcement- "I am so ecstatic for the continuation of my softball career.  I know I wouldn't have made it here without the help of all of my coaches. Thanks in particular to coach Rick Navarro and coach Craig Chin- I owe it to you both for helping me get here. I am so grateful for  my family for always supporting me along the way.  It is a pleasure and honor to join the Lesley Lynx."

Gillian Gordon
Gillian Gordon

Gordon is joining the Owls of Westfield State University to play for coach Skania Valencia.  Gillian is a four-year varsity athlete at CHS.  Also a pitcher, Gordon has faced the very best of Hockomock League batters during her time here. 

"Gillian is an all-around great teammate," proudly praised CHS coach Lombardi. "She is hardworking and committed to doing whatever she can to help the team be successful."
Gillian Gordon with her family


Gillian had this to say upon her official announcement- "I'm extremely excited to continue my softball career at the college level. I would like to thank my club coaches at Lady Sting, my coaches at Planet Fast Pitch, my trainers at Elite and my Canton High School coaches.

I would also like to thank my family, friends, teachers and teammates for helping me along the way. I couldn't have done it without you guys!"