Friday, May 20, 2022

Butler and Albert committed to NCAA Football programs

The Canton High School Athletic Department and Bulldog Football program are thrilled to officially announce that two of our members of the class of 2022 have committed to continuing their football and academic careers at the collegiate level in the fall. 

Colin Albert with his former coach Dave Bohane, current coach
Anthony Fallon and his parents and brother
Andrew Butler and Colin Albert have both been key members of the CHS Bulldog Football team during their time here at CHS. 

Colin Albert-

Colin is heading to Bridgewater State College in August to join the Bears.  He follows in the footsteps of his cousin Brendan who has been a star for the Bears over the past couple seasons. 

He will play for coach Joe Vierra, who has been with BSC for more than 30 seasons.  Colin, a Hockomock League All-Star Honorable Mention, was played a major role on both sides of the football as well as in the kicking game.  His impact was felt in so many ways in each and every game the past several seasons.

Bulldog Head Coach Anthony Fallon had this to say about Colin- "Colin is a hard-hitting linebacker who's leadership is outstanding."

Albert had this to say upon his official announcement-

"I am excited for the future and I want to thank my parents, my family, my coaches, my friends and my teammates for all of their support along the way."

Andy Butler with coach 
Bohane and Fallon
Andrew Butler-

Andy is heading across the country to attend Pomona College in California where he will be joining the Sagehen's football team. Coach Anthony Fallon praised his speed, toughness and football IQ. 

Andy has been a multi-sport star and leader for the Bulldogs acting as captain of the football and baseball teams.  He was honored this past winter as a Hockomock League All-Star Honorable Mention in Indoor Track as well. 

His greatest honor while representing the Bulldogs was his recent receipt of the Hockomock League Scholar Athlete award. 

Andy Butler with his Family


Andy had this to say upon the official announcement-

 "I am truly excited and thankful for the opportunity to continue my academic and athletic career at Pomona College. I want to thank my family, coaches, and teammates for supporting my efforts and I'm looking forward to attending Pomona for the next four years!"