The Canton High School Athletic Department is thrilled to welcome Makayla Capeau as our new Varsity Cheer Coach. Capeau takes the reigns from Jenny O'Neill who had served in the role for two years. 
Coach Makayla Capeau
Capeau- a Middleboro native- served on the cheer coaching staff at her alma mater, Middleboro High School at both the JV and Varsity levels. Beyond high school cheer, she has been a part of the Mitchell Memorial Club Youth Program, assisting with athlete skill development, conditioning, competition preparation and team logistics. Cheer has been a huge part of her life since the age of four.
Capeau, who is pursuing a degree in Human Services at Bristol Community College, is looking to build a strong CHS Cheer program through hard work and dedication.
She had this to say upon her appointment-
"I am incredibly honored and excited to join the Canton High School community as the Head Varsity Cheer Coach. I look forward to building a positive, hardworking program where student-athletes can grow in confidence, leadership, teamwork, and school pride. I can't wait to get started and work with the athletes, families, and the entire Canton community."
CHS Athletic Director Danny Erickson praised Capeau-
"She is ready for this challenge. It was clear from the start of the search process that she would bring a passion and dedication to this position. I'm confident that Makayla will build a strong culture in the Bulldog Cheer program."