Friday, November 18, 2022

Feature: Reagan Vozzella, CHS Cheer Alumna Class of 2022

Submitted by CHS Cheer Coach- Stephanie Parker

Vozzella in action for
Assumption this fall 
Reagan Vozzella, former captain of the Canton High cheer team, is off competing at the collegiate level at Assumption! During her time at CHS, Reagan was a varsity member for four years, and competed with the Bulldogs at base position for three years.

 

This year, Vozzella attends Assumption University in Worcester as a freshman, and a college athlete on the varsity cheerleading team. She cheered during the fall football season, and is committed to cheering during the winter basketball season as well. Changing over her position to flyer, Reagan is now at the top of the pyramid and has improved her tumbling skills which has earned her a spot on the competition team, the only freshman to do so this year. She and her team are preparing to compete at the college national cheer competition which takes place in April.

 

When asked about her experience cheering in college Vozzella shared the following- 

Vozzella with CHS Cheer 
Coach Stephanie Parker


“I couldn’t picture what college would be like this far without having my teammates. I just feel really blessed to be able to further my cheerleading career with such amazing people at a university that could not be more perfect for me. Being in an entirely new stunting position this year has really taught me a lot about how much your mindset impacts your performance. I am just so excited to keep pushing myself and my team as athletes to really show others what we are capable of and am looking forward to competing with them this spring.”

 

As her high school coach, I am so happy to be a part of Reagan’s journey and watch her evolve into a college athlete. I could not be prouder of the improvements she’s made and her scoring a spot on the competition team her first year. I look forward to seeing her cheer throughout her time at AU.

 

Congratulations to Reagan on the completion of her first season and go hounds!